I hope you have had a wonderful week! Today is exciting because I am sharing my very first recipe with you. If you follow me on snapchat (TAYEMALOTT) or Instagram you know that I LOVE to cook and bake. So I thought it would be fun to start sharing some of my favorite recipes with you. And what better way to start it off than with momma’s famous chocolate chip cookies.
These are the cookies that my momma would bake for my sister and I as we were growing up. They have so many fun memories attached to them. I always loved hanging out in the kitchen and baking these with her (especially because of the cookie dough 😉 ) As I grew older my love for baking began to develop and I would bake these for my family, friends, and teachers at least once a week. There is something so therapeutic about baking and it really helped me throughout my high school and college years.
When Hunter and I first started dating in college I brought these cookies to him after his basketball practice one day and he was hooked (they say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach 😉 and it worked ). Since then these are by far his favorite dessert that I bake. I now continue the tradition and bake them once a week.If you walk into our home you can always find these cookies in the cookie jar. From the warm brown sugar flavor to the chocolate chips that melt in your mouth, these truly the best chocolate chip cookies and they are super easy to make!
- 1 1/2 Cups of Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cups of Coconut Oil (This is my variation. Momma uses crisco but I love the coconut oil because of the flavor )
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- Dash of Salt
- 12oz Bag of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips ( I recommend freezing your chocolate chips. Gives it a better taste)
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a large bowl, mix together brown sugar, coconut oil (or butter), eggs, and vanilla. Mix until smooth, should only take a few seconds.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt to the wet mix and whisk together until combined.
- Add 120z bag of semi sweet chocolate chips to the dough until combined.
- Using a dinner spoon scoop dough onto cookie sheet. (Do not worry about making dough into perfect ball)
- Place into the preheated oven for about 20 min or until cookies are lightly brown on top ( if you like crisp cookies like Hunter you can leave them in for a few minutes longer. Just make sure to watch them so they do not burn)
- Let cookies cool for desired time and enjoy some yummy chocolatey goodness!
I hope you enjoy these cookies! Let me know what you think.
YOU ARE SO LOVED!
SHOP THE POST