Happy Wedding Wednesday! Over the past few months we have covered some very important topics, finding the perfect color palette, finding the perfect wedding dress, finding the perfect wedding vendors, and finding the perfect wedding venue. Today we are moving onto a little more of a tricky topic, staying within your wedding budget. I know, this is super hard and may make you cringe a little bit even reading this. So to help you I have compiled a list of tips and tricks to help you stay within your budget.
How to Stay Within Your Wedding Budget
- Set a budget– By now you have most likely set your specific number of what you would like to spend. If not I encourage you to do so, as soon as possible. Having that number finalized will help you know how much you can spend, and how you would like to distribute your funds.
- Make a checklist– Make a list of all the items you will need to purchase. From venues, catering, flowers, food, etc. Making your list will allow you to start to think how you can distribute your funds.
- Decide what is most important to you both– This was one of the best advise a friend gave us before we started planning. Weddings add up fast and when you have a budget to stick to, you have to decide what items you would like to spend more money on. So before you even start writing those checks, sit down with your future spouse and decide what aspects are most important to you. For Hunter and I, we decided that venue, food, music, and drinks were most important to us. We wanted our guests to have the best time! 😉
- Be creative– Think of ways that you can save money. Whether that’s working with vendors inside of your network, or to DIY certain aspects. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box.
- Track spending/payments– This is VERY important. Tracking your spending and payments will allow you to know how much money you have and you do not have to spend.
- Schedule payments– Scheduling all of your payments is important to keep track of everything but to always insure that you make those payments on time. There are so many payment dates throughout the planning process and scheduling those will help you tremendously.
- Stay organized– This is one of the most important tips that I can give you. Staying on top of your budget, knowing how much money you have, when payments are due, etc is crucial to staying within your budget. WeddingWire has an incredible budget tool that I wish I knew about when I was planning my wedding. It allows you to track your spending, set up payment schedules and redistribute funds. The perfect tool to help you stay within your budget.
Staying within your budget is not an easy thing. I wish I could say that Hunter and I completely stayed within our budget. It’s important to set a budget that may allow a little wiggle room because weddings are very expensive. That being said, I am positive that if you follow these tips and tricks there is definitely a way to stay within your budget. As always, remember to enjoy this sweet time. It will fly by before you know it!
YOU ARE SO LOVED!
Thank you to WeddingWire for sponsoring this post