(Photography by: Dapper and Dame )
A few weeks ago I shared tips on Finding The Perfect Wedding Venue . So today, I thought it would be fun to continue on with some more wedding planning tips and discuss finding the perfect wedding vendors.
Now that you have booked your venue, have your date set, wedding vision, and budget it is time to find those perfect wedding vendors to make this beautiful day come to life. From food, lighting, flowers, music, and so on there are many things to consider.
How To Find Your Perfect Wedding Vendor
1.Ask venue for preferred vendor list– Most venues will have a list of vendors that they have worked with in the past and that they love. This is helpful because you want vendors that know your venue and work well with them.
2. Make a vendor list for yourself– Before beginning your search for vendors it is super helpful to first make a list of the vendors you will need.
3.Make a vendor hiring timeline– Making a timeline of when to hire certain vendors is extremely helpful. After making your list of vendors you need it can be a bit overwhelming. That is why making a month by month hiring list will help you tremendously. This is something that Hunter and I did ourselves and we are so glad that we did. This is what our hiring timeline looked like. (Your timeline depends on the length of your engagement so it may differ from our 7 month engagement timeline.)
4. Research, Research, Research– Just as you researched for your venue it is so important to research and know as much as you can about the vendors before contacting them. This will help narrow down your search and allows you to know exactly who you would like to contact. Using an online research tool is the way to go. That is why I love WeddingWires online vendor and service directory. It is the largest directory of local wedding vendors with vendor reviews, prices and availability for your wedding day.
5.Don’t feel like you have to have a lengthy vendor contact list– Don’t get me wrong, it is great to visit and contact as many vendors as you would like. This is such a huge day and you want to make sure that you have the right vendors to make your vision come true. That being said, it can become stressful if you feel like you have to contact and interview hundreds of vendors. If you meet with a certain vendor and you like them then go for it. There is no need to make this a super stressful process for you and your future spouse. You have many decisions to make and narrowing down your vendor contact list will make your planning process much easier.
6.Read contract before deciding on that vendor– This may seem like a no brainer but it is very important to read each and every contract before deciding on a vendor. This way you know exactly what you are paying for and what their services are providing.
7.Don’t be scared to negotiate– This is something I had no idea you could do with your wedding vendors until a friend of mine told me otherwise. If a vendor you love is a little bit higher than what you were planing on paying negotiate with them. Let them know how much you would love to use them but that they are little bit out of your price range and would love to negotiate a lower price.
8. Keep all information and contacts organized– This is something you need to do throughout all of your wedding planning process. Keeping all information organized is key especially when it comes to vendors. WeddingWire’s Vendor Manager can help you do just that. It allows you to manage any potential vendors and mark your booked vendors all in one place.
8.Ask questions– When searching for a vendor it is important to ask as many questions as possible. I have put together a list below of some helpful questions to ask.
Questions To Ask
- Do they fit your vision?
- What is their reputation?
- Have they worked with your venue before?
- Do they have insurance? How much does it cover? Does this coverage work with your venue?
- Are they available on your wedding date?
- Do their services include set up?
- What is included in their packages?
- When are payments due?
- What is their refund policy?
I hope these tips and tools are helpful to you. I know it might seem a little overwhelming but take it one day at a time. Each decision you make is a step closer to that amazing wedding day.
YOU ARE SO LOVED!
Thank you to WeddingWire for sponsoring this post