(Photography by: Dapper and Dame )
And Happy Wedding Wednesday! Over the past few weeks we have discussed finding the perfect venue, finding the perfect vendors, and also finding the perfect wedding dress. Today, we are continuing on to finding the perfect wedding color palette. This is a very important step in the wedding planning process and also a fun one. This is a step that you should not overthink or be too worried about. So to help you do that, I have put together a list of helpful tips on finding the perfect color palette.
How To Find The Perfect Wedding Color Palette
- Make a list of colors you and your future spouse love– This just helps you start thinking about colors you might like. Making a list allows you to narrow your ideas down right away and also helps you both communicate about what each person likes so that you can come to an agreement.
- Think about the season you are getting married in– Each season has a certain color palette and it’s important to think about what colors inspire you and which ones you would like to use.
- Think about your look/theme– At this point I am sure you already have an idea of what look/theme you are going for. So with that in mind you want to pick colors that will achieve that look. Try to visualize what colors will accomplish that look and theme.
- Think about your venue- It’s very important to take in consideration where you are getting married, what colors will look good in the space and which ones will not. If a certain color does not go with the space then that will help you cross it off the list and choose a color that works better.
- Do your research– As always research is very important in this step in the wedding planning process. Start looking at wedding inspiration on Pinterest, in Wedding Magazines, on WeddingWire, and so on. By looking at real life inspiration this will help you decide which colors you like and do not like.
- Use WeddingWire’s Color Palette Generator – This tool is the BEST! By going through a list of questions it helps generate the best color palette for you.
After deciding on your color palette you will then be able to decide on the following items:
- Bridal Accessories
- Bridesmaid Dresses
This is such a fun step in the planning process, so have fun with it! Be creative! Like all decisions, this is about you and your future spouse and what you want your big day to be. So don’t stress, have fun and enjoy each step.
You are so loved!
Thank you to WeddingWire for sponsoring this post